Sunday, June 6, 2010

Outdoor Garden Wedding

This weekend I was able to set up a small wedding at my favorite outdoor location near my home, Evergreen Gardens. The colors of the floral arrangements at this wedding really grabbed your attention & looked beautiful with all the natural beauty the surrounding gardens provide.
Working with the Bride, Gretchen, was a treat for me! We both have a love and appreciation for plants which I think is the main reason her wedding was so much fun for me. She was knowledgeable about flowers, very organized, & willing to let me use my judgement on her flowers.
Congratulations Gretchen & Ryan! You had a beautiful June wedding. I plan on visiting you at work Gretchen next time I need some plants for my yard!
Half of the centerpieces were a collection of glass jars the bride collected. I incorporated simple groupings of flowers in them & set them on a "tree cookie" the bride & groom made. Each centerpiece was just a little bit different. The rest of the centerpieces were groupings of herbs the couple grew. These also were placed on tree cookies.

The aisle for the ceremony consisted of simple arrangements in mason jars. Each arrangement hung from a shepherd hook.

Closeup of one of the arrangements: Orange Tulips, Burgundy Peony, Bupleurum, Alstro., & Huck greenery.